About this week’s episode
In this week’s episode Manni will show you how to do Black and White Toning in Photoshop. It’s a very straightforward technique, one which you can easily apply to your other images. This tutorial will focus on these certain adjustments:
- Black & White Adjustment Layer – Tweaking individual colour pallets to get the right look.
- Brightness/Contrast Adjustment Layer – Specifically more for pushing the contrast.
- Exposure Adjustment Layer – Creating an extra small pop, adjusting the gamma and the offset for a faded look.
- Selective Colour Adjustment Layer – Working with neutral, black and white tones.
Remember that you can always go back and tweak the individual adjustment layers as you progress through your retouching.
Get The Action
An easier way to apply this same technique to multiple images and save time is to use our Black and White Pro Actions.
What Are Photoshop Actions?
- Are a series of recorded retouching steps to help another retoucher / photographer achieve a look without having to manually apply each process.
- Allow retouchers and photographers, at the click of a button, to enhance and enrich their images in a fast and efficient way.
- Are shortcuts for retouching. They speed up editing and workflow by an automated processes which are applied by a single click of a button.
- Gives the retoucher, complete control over the applied steps. Which allows him to do readjustments or fine-tune all afterward.
Comments are closed.